Houston Trust Company offers a wide range of Philanthropic Advisory Services, allowing foundations and organizations to focus on their mission rather than administrative duties.
Houston Trust Company offers both investment services and grants administration to our nonprofit clients. We deliver a level of engagement and involvement that a donor-advised fund often cannot provide.
Our team has expertise in nonprofit management and charitable trust administration, supporting 32 organizations and entities ranging in size from $5 million to $200 million.
Thank you for all the ways you are serving our family foundation with your expertise. We appreciate all that you to do make our giving so much easier.”Family Foundation Client
Philanthropic Advisory Services
- Custody and investment of assets
- Development of mission statement, investment policy statement, spending guidelines, etc.
- Board meeting coordination and support
- Board orientation and training
- Coordinate annual audit
- Review grants and provide summaries for Board recommendations
- Process grant payments, award and denial letters
- Serve as primary contact, collect mail, field phone calls etc.
+Record Keeping and Reporting
- Safeguard records and historical documents
- End of year reports, historical grant reports, proposed giving etc.
- Consolidated portfolio reporting and financial accounting
- Ensure tax return (Form 990) is prepared and filed